100% maritime pine bark 5-15 mm, ideal for ensuring optimal growth to all epiphytic orchids, i.e. those orchids with aerial roots.
The Bark not only anchors the plant, but also ensures proper oxygenation, aeration and drainage, recreating the ideal habitat for these orchids that in nature do not live on the ground, but anchored on trees.
It is suitable for Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, Cattleya, Vanda.
It is recommended to repot only when the plants are too large for the containers or when the substrate begins to degrade. The best time for repotting coincides with the vegetative awakening, when the new shoots are 2 cm long and the apices
of the new roots are still green.
TIPS FOR CORRECT REPOTTING
- Choose a pot 3-5 cm larger in diameter than the previous one.
- Take the plant out of the pot, clean the roots, remove the dry sheaths of the pseudo bulbs and the withered parts of the rhizome, cutting off the oldest end.
- Place a layer of Bark, then the plant and fill the pot so that the collar is
1-2 cm below the rim of the pot.
- Place the plant out of direct light and water sparingly (one or two sprays a day) until it starts vegetating normally again. Then return to the light, water and water and fertilise taking into account the requirements of the species and respecting the doses and times indicated on the packaging.
Non-composted simple plant soil conditioner
- Moisture 30
- pH 6
- Organic carbon (C) on a dry basis 40 %.
- Organic nitrogen (N) on dry weight 0.1 %.
- Peat content on dry basis absent
- Salinity 16 dS/m
- Grain size: 5-15 mm
Net weight: 0.3 kg (equal to commercial volume 2L)
Orvital S.p.A. – Via Darwin 63 – 20019 SETTIMO MILANESE MI
ALLOWED IN ORGANIC FARMING
Raw material: 100% natural maritime pine bark chemically untreated after felling
LDPE4 bag – Plastic collection. Check the regulations of your municipality.